I’m a master degree student in VFX at Academy of Art University. I’ve been studying with Kevin since 2017. When I first met Kevin, I couldn’t speak a complete sentence in English at all, but now I can talk with native speakers very comfortably. I believe these two points are the most important things for all international students. Kevin conducted a series of courses that were exclusively for me. Now, we are focused on how to network, impress professional people and learn American interview skills. Especially if you are from Asia, Korea, Japan, etc., and you also really want to get an education and a good job here.
American Cultural Skills
How to hack the culture (and reduce your stress)
There’s no doubt that cultural differences make success harder for international people working in the US. In a recent study, 67% of foreign born workers said they felt uncomfortable with small talk and casual communication with American their colleagues.
If you feel shy and unsure how to interact socially with teammates, Omni can help.
In my 1-1 coaching sessions, you’ll learn how to:
- Engage in small talk and casual conversation
- Have fun and participate with friends and co-workers
- Build rapport the rapport and connections that can translate into better outcomes, promotions, and work satisfaction.
And for business culture you’ll learn how to:
- Contribute actively in meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Communicate directly
- Take initiative on your ideas
- Present your ideas effectively
- Show the value of your ideas and achievements
- Promote yourself and persuade others
- Overcome shyness and gain confidence